A COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic will be visiting the TYTO Conference and Events Centre on:
- Wednesday 15 September 2021;
- Thursday 16 September 2021; and
- Friday 17 September 2021.
People eligible for vaccination are those aged over 12 years of age. Those between the ages of 12 and 15 must be accompanied by a guardian.
“Local doctors are doing a fantastic job in vaccinating our community, Queensland Health are offering extra services and community members are encouraged to make use of this additional facility” said Mayor Jayo.
Latest data released by the Australian Government shows Hinchinbrook has the third highest rate of fully vaccinated residents (aged 16 years and over) in Queensland, being 44.1% as at Monday 6 September 2021.
Further information indicates 63.2% have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
It is preferred for people to book your vaccination via the online portal.
How to register for your vaccination:
- Visit Queensland Health’s website www.health.qld.gov.au;
- If this is your first vaccination, you will need to register your interest for a COVID-19 vaccination. When an appointment becomes available, Queensland Health will contact you via email; and
- Follow the steps in your email to book your vaccination appointment.