Ingham Daily Press

Keeping People Connected

Bushfire in south Hinchinbrook

A BUSH fire in south Hinchinbrook has sparked a danger warning from firefighters.

People living close to Bowen Road in Yabulu were warned to close windows at homes and businesses after fires broke out in the area.

Crews were on the scene to battle the bush blaze and locals were warned about the risks from smoke haze.

Speaking at the time of the fire, a spokesperson said: ‘Crews are on scene at a bushfire burning in the vicinity of Bowden Road, Yabulu. 

‘Firefighters are working to contain the fire. Nearby residents may be affected by a smoke haze.

‘Residents are asked to close windows and doors and if suffering from a respiratory condition, keep medications close by.

‘Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions. If residents are concerned their property is under threat, they are advised to call triple zero immediately.’

The bush blaze sparked at around midday on Monday but was successfully contained by rural firefighters.

Story By

Subscribe To Receive Weekly News Updates