Local Community Organisations Receive $88,000 Funding, COVID-19 Restrictions Update and Free Presentations
Dungeness Carpark Line Marking – Request for Feedback
Last chance to provide feedback on the proposed Dungeness Carpark line marking plan.
A copy of the line marking plan can be downloaded from Council’s, website, Public Consultation page.
Feedback is required by 5.00pm Wednesday 2 March 2022 which can be emailed to email@example.com.
TYTO RV Park Now Open
Council has reopened the TYTO RV Park and the park will remain open until Wednesday 30 November 2022, weather permitting.
The TYTO RV Park is located behind the Visitor Information Centre on Cooper Street.
For further information on the TYTO RV Park, please call the Hinchinbrook Visitor Information Centre on 4776 4792.
Community Activity Grants
Council awarded approximately $88,000 (excl. GST) to local organisations and individuals in the Shire At its General Meeting held on Tuesday 22 February 2022.
The following applications were approved:
- Queensland Country Women’s Association Long Pocket was awarded $871 (excl. GST) for Remember the Finns event to be held on Saturday 19 March 2022;
- Hinchinbrook Sportfishing Club was awarded $4,000 (excl. GST) for the North Queensland Sportfishing Championship to be held on Friday 29 April 2022 to Saturday 1 May 2022;
- Ingham Sugar City Rodeo was awarded $15,000 (excl. GST) and up to $8,000 inkind support for the Ingham Sugar City Rodeo to be held on Friday 6 May 2022 to Saturday 7 May 2022;
- Australian Italian Festival was awarded $20,000 (excl. GST) and up to $8,000 inkind support for the Australian Italian Festival to be held on Friday 3 June 2022 to Sunday 5 June 2022;
- Queensland Country Women’s Association Halifax was awarded $746 (excl. GST) for Winter in the Tropics event to be held on Saturday 11 June 2022;
- Herbert River Pastoral Association was awarded $20,000 (excl. GST) and up to $8,000 inkind support for the Ingham Show to be held on Thursday 23 June 2022 to Friday 24 June 2022;
- Ingham Coastguard was awarded $2,000 (excl. GST) for their 50th Anniversary Celebration to be held on Saturday 9 July 2022;
- Macknade Sporting Club was awarded $1,500 (excl. GST) for the Tropical Mixed Fours to be held on Saturday 16 July 2022 to Sunday 17 July 2022; and
- Ingham Arts Festival was awarded inkind support of Shire Hall Fees for the Ingham Arts Festival to be held on Sunday 7 August 2022 to Thursday 11 August 2022.
The Community Activity Grants Program is funded by Council to support local organisations and individuals in areas of achievement, community activities, community organisation support, and festivals and events.
Ingham Walk-in COVID-19 Testing Clinic
Residents are advised that Queensland Health is running a Walk-in COVID-19 Testing Clinic located at the TYTO Conference and Events Centre.
- 9.00am – 11.00am Wednesday 2 March 2022; and
- 9.00am – 11.00am Friday 4 March 2022.
Rapid antigen tests (RAT) are available for free at this site for eligible community members. You must bring photo identification to receive a RAT.
Free presentations to help older Australians stay safer online
To improve the digital skills of older Australians and to help them keep safer online, the eSafety Commissioner is hosting free online presentations as part of the Be Connected initiative. Topics include how to use government websites, staying safe on Facebook, how to avoid scams and safer online shopping and banking.
These presentations are delivered in an engaging and easy to understand format and would benefit anyone wanting to develop their digital skills and confidence.
- Connecting with others – 2.00pm Thursday 3 March 2022;
- How to use smart home technology – 9.00am Monday 21 March 2022; and
- How to use Zoom to make video calls – 2.00pm Thursday 24 March 2022.
For an outline of the presentations running in 2022 and how to register visit beconnected.esafety.gov.au/bookings.
Restrictions are Easing
Queensland Health have announced that from 6.00pm Friday 4 March 2022:
- Masks will no longer be required indoors, except in hospitals, residential aged care, disability accommodation, prisons, public transport, airports and on planes;
- There will be no limit on the number of household visitors; and
- There will be no limit on the number of people at businesses or venues.
Wearing a mask, washing your hands and social distancing are all proven, effective ways to protect yourself and others.
While many restrictions are easing as the wave of COVID-19 slows in Queensland, you are encouraged to protect yourself and others by wearing a mask where you see fit.
Forrest Beach Clean Up Australia Day
Council is stepping up to clean up this Clean Up Australia Day with a clean up event at Forrest Beach.
You can register by following the link below, or you can register at the site on the day.
Date: Sunday 6 March 2022
Time: 8.00am to 10.00am
Where: Vince Corbett Park Forrest Beach
Notice of Annual General Meeting for the Returned and Services League of Australia (Queensland Branch) Herbert River Sub-Branch Incorporated
Notice is given for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) for Herbert River (HR) Returned and Services League of Australia (RSL).
Date: Sunday 27 March 2022
Where: 4 Hawkins Street Ingham
Nominations are called for Committee members and Board Members.
Forms are available from the RSL and must be completed 14 days prior to the AGM Date.
You must be a Financial Member to attend. This is a COVIDSafe event.